Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Walking

Last May I started a lifestyle change, my goal was to lose weight and get in better shape. I started walking and eventually worked up to 4 miles. I try to do it 3 - 4 times a week.

I have lost 80 lbs and I feel better! I get lots of compliments on how I look but that is really just the icing on the cake. I feel the best I have in years and have so much more energy. Jay watches the girls while I walk with one of my sister in laws and his Mama. It is such a nice break to get out and have some adult conversation and walking sort of gives me a high. When I don't walk I miss it, that has really has surprised me.

People talk about a diet but I have really come to see that you have to make a lifestyle change. Walking has become as natural as going to the grocery store or washing clothes. We walked last summer when I felt like I would pass out from the heat and this winter we have bundled up like Eskimos. I want to lose more weight but I am taking it a day at a time and a pound at a time. Walking is something I hope I never have to give up, it has been so good for me in so many ways!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts Beth!Pa

Anonymous said...

Rabbits marrying cats? lol how cute! Thanks for letting me enjoy a glimpse of your world through your eyes! See you around!

Betty said...

Congratulations on such a magnificent weight loss! I need to get walking now, you have inspired me! :)

Kaylie love's you said...

you are amazing <3